Tuesday 31 March 2015

Budget Beauty Picks #1


I am someone who loves high end and high street makeup equally as much, but given the choice, I tend to pick high end over high street. I don't know whether it's because psychologically I think it's going to do a better job, or because it's a cheeky treat when I have the money, I'm not sure. But being jobless and pretty much broke at the moment, I simply cannot afford high end makeup. Which makes me sad, but also gives me a great chance to experiment with more high street budget makeup, and work out what works, and what really hasn't for me. And so the budget beauty picks was born, an occasional selection of products under £10 that I have grown to utterly love!


These three items I have definitely mentioned in previous posts, but I love them so much that they simply had to make an appearance in my budget beauty post. My all time favourite budget beauty item is probably the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot, and is actually not under £10. It's actually £12 from Boots, but this is such a lifesaver for someone with horrifically oily skin like myself that I couldn't not include it. I swear I will never use another powder other than this one (until I find another amazing blotting powder!). It does such a good job at mattifying, but without having a really cakey appearance like I find a lot of powders end up having. It's basically incredible. 

Second in my picks is another Soap and Glory product, the Kick Ass Concealer which is £10 from Boots. I love this concealer because it has two different colours for brightening dark circles and concealing face demons, plus a setting powder, which makes it ideal for those days when you want to wear no foundation, but still cover up under eye circles and blemishes. 

My favourite budget eye shadow palette of the moment has to be the Flawless Ultra 32 shade eyeshadow palette by Makeup Revolution. This is only £8 and is chock full of neutral day and night shades, making it incredible value. It's highly pigmented and easy to blend, and I love it a lot. The matte shades are a little chalky, but overall this is a very good little palette to have. I say little, it's actually pretty huge.


I realise this is the third Soap and Glory item, and they aren't the most budget friendly of high street makeup ranges. However, they are still reasonably priced and incredibly good quality, and I've fallen in love with pretty much everything I've used. The Supercat eyeliner is £6, and is blacker than black and so easy to use. I will always be the first one to admit I am incredibly bad at doing anything eye makeup related, but even I can use this to create a cat eye flick! It's the first time I've found an eyeliner I can use, and I love it so much.

Lip related, there are only two products I have found myself reaching for recently. Beloved of bloggers and beauty addicts everywhere, the Rimmel Kate Moss  in shade 107 lipstick probably has cult status by now, and it's easy to see why. This lovely little gem is only £5.49, and is a beautiful matte shade which lasts for hours and feels so lightweight on the lips. The red is rich, and the formula is creamy and easy to apply. I just adore it so much, and always reach for this on a night out. For a more neutral daytime look, the Tanya Burr lipgloss in Chic is incredible. It's £6.99, and available from Superdrug and online at Feel Unique. The formula is amazing, the smell is incredible, and the colour is so pretty. A very, very big fan of this one.


And that's it for this budget beauty picks post! I'd love to know what you use and love that's cheap and cheerful!



5 comments:

  1. Good budget picks!
    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many good things about Make Up Revolution, I need to try out some products!
    Soap and Glory is always such good value for money too.

    embrace the detours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post mate. Soap & Glory SuperCat and Tanya Burr lipglosses are always in my daily rotation. x
    Ally | www.uptownpeach.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post!!! your tools its fantastic..

    ReplyDelete