Thursday 26 February 2015

Soap and Glory 3 for 2


I'm currently writing this whilst waiting for the dye to develop in my hair, I'm DIY ombre-ing it for the first time, so forgive me if this is a little tense, I'm only shitting myself a little bit!

But I am a sucker for a good deal, and Boots always has some wonderful deals on, mostly 3 for 2's on certain products and certain percentages off other brands such as premium brands, I just keep falling in love with my beloved store even more! But the deal that caught my eye this time was the 3 for 2 offer on Soap and Glory products. I am a long time fan of their skincare range, and have wanted to branch out into their makeup for a while, having seen some wonderful reviews floating around. However, for some reason I've always skipped past their stand, mainly for the price tag, but this deal drew me in!

I've been after a decent felt tip pen style liner for a while, and have been debating which one to get. Being a sucker for pretty packaging, the Supercat eyeliner £6.00 was a no brainer, and I am very much in love with it. I've used it every day since I purchased it, and it's so easy to use. A good black colour, the product glides on smoothly, and it's easy to get both a thick line and a fat line. A pretty good all rounder, does what it says on the tin pretty much. What I also like this one is it also comes in a super sized version with a thick nib, perfect for dramatic eyes!


Powder for me is such an important product, and I always feel digusting without it because I suffer from horrifically oily skin that is so shiny without something to control it. I usually rely on a light coloured or translucent pressed powder, but have found recently that I'm just not liking the look of any I have in my stash on my skin. This is where One Heck of a Blot £12.00 steps in! It's a blotting powder instead of a pressed powder, and is completely translucent. It only reduces shine, does nothing else, and is an actual wonder product for me! The formula is a dream, shine is instantly erased without looking like there is any product on my skin. I love this, it's my newest holy grail item. The packaging and name is also amazing, as per for Soap and Glory. I highly recommend this if you struggle with oily skin.


Concealer is also a must have product for me. I don't suffer from many blemishes, I'm lucky to have relatively clear skin, but I do have horrific black bags under my eyes which just won't disappear. Ever. I don't know whether it's down to bad sleep habits or whether I'm just really unlucky, but I think they're here to stay. Therefore, covering them is a daily job for me, and requires a pretty heavy duty concealer to do so. I haven't found one that quite does the job yet, but the Kick Ass concealer in light £10.00 is the closest I've found to perfect coverage. It's a three step product, as I'm sure you probably know, a cute compact containing a brightening under eye concealer, a yellower concealer for blemishes, and a setting powder so the concealer does not move. There is also a tiny mirror and little sponge included. I really like this. The under eye concealer really does brighten and conceal, and the blemish concealer is one of the best I've found. Good product, cracking name.


Have you taken advantage of any of the lovely Boots offers lately? Got any favourite Soap and Glory makeup recommendations?

x

14 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a before and after of the concealer to see how well it covers dark circles! Really thinking of buying it :)
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to do one and completely forgot! I will put up a before and after very soon, make sure to check back! I really like it, I find it really effective and worth the price, I love that you get the two concealers :)

      Beth xx

      Delete
  2. Everyone is loving this brand at the moment, I have never even seen it before, am I blind?

    Meme xx

    Latest Post out now:
    'Not Another Book Haul//Amazon Haul'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living under a rock maybe?? ;) I really love Soap and Glory, I only know that Boots sells them but I don't know of anywhere else, but they are an incredible brand.

      Beth xx

      Delete
  3. Love Soap&Glory, huge fan of both the eyeliner and concealer, great review :) xx
    Chloe <3
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've definitely fallen in love with the eyeliner, it's so amazing!

      Beth xx

      Delete
  4. I always fall for their 3 for 2 offers, especially when I can get Supercat!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supercat is amazing! I'm such a sucker for a 3 for 2 offer, or any offer really!

      Beth xx

      Delete
  5. I really want to try the super cat eyeliner, looks amazing x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, I've fallen completely in love, it's so easy to use and worth the price!

      Beth xx

      Delete
  6. I love the boots 3 for 2! I really want to try the kick ass concealer, I have heard such great things about it and it's and amazing price, great choices :D

    http://katsbeautytales.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a sucker for their 3 for 2 offers! And they always have them on which makes me happy :) You should definitely give it a go! For the price it does an amazing job.

      Beth xx

      Delete
  7. i always hear such good things about soap & glory, wish we had it here!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, it's a shame you don't :(( It's such an amazing brand, I'm mostly a sucker for their packaging!

      Beth xx

      Delete