Sunday 15 March 2015

The Sunday Run-Down #2

I can't believe another week has been and gone and it's Sunday already! Considering I've been sick and in a slump for the past week, this week has gone incredibly quickly. It's time to make a cuppa, fetch a biscuit, and look back on the past week. 

Four Favourite Memories:
1) Spending time doing absolutely nothing. I spend so much time doing stuff, whether it's college or walking or housework, that I don't spend enough time not doing stuff. And I am superbly talented at doing nothing

2) More coffee with another wonderful friend. I am also extremely talented at drinking coffee! Since all most of my friends are now scattered around the country having adventures at uni, it's trickier to catch up but even more special when we do. I got coffee with a friend I haven't seen since before Christmas, and it was wonderful having a long chat

3) Exciting travel planning! I'm planning to travel around Europe in the summer with my friend Emily, and we've finally finalised which trains we are getting where and when, and booked all the hostels we're staying in! Eek, it's getting so real now.

4) Evening walks with the family. The weather has been iffy, but it's getting better thankfully! The lighter evenings are so lovely, and I live in such a beautiful part of England it would be a real shame to let it go to waste.

Three Weekly Loves:
1) Accented nails. I've recently developed an Essie addiction, and my new favourite low maintenance nail look is muted grey nails with a fun accent colour on my index fingers. Beautiful, and so easy to do.

2) This week I've rediscovered Ultrabland, a cleanser from Lush I used to swear by, and I'm looking forward to seeing if it's as good as I remember!

3) Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup Ice-cream. I think that speaks for itself.

Two Book Recommendations:
1) I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. A novel set in 1930's England that follows the life of Cassandra Mortmain and her family who struggle to survive in their castle home. I first read this novel years ago and loved it so much, and rereading it now my love has only grown.

2) Witchcraft Couture by Katarina West. I finished this fashion literary fiction novel earlier in the week, you can find that review here. I really love this debut offering from West, and highly recommend it.

One Quote:

Remind yourself that it's okay not to be perfect.

Bethany
x

6 comments:

  1. I love evening walks, especially as it's getting warmer x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! Although the weather seems to have gone chilly again, which is a shame

      beth x

      Delete
  2. How exciting that you're planning a trip around Europe! Roll on summer!

    embrace the detours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally can't wait! The summer seems too far away

      Bethany x

      Delete
  3. I love that quote! Love the pictures and I will definitely check out the books you mentioned as well!
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty damn incredible books! Thank you :)

      Bethany x

      Delete