Thursday 19 February 2015

Travel Haul: The Verdict


A week or so ago, I posted this travel haul of products that I had picked up to make life a little easier when I packed my bags to come to London this week, and I figured it was time for an update. I've been using these products for around a week now, which is an averageish amount of time you may be using them if you are taking them away with you, but they aren't products you'd necessarily use in everyday life.

The ones I liked:

1) The Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Conditioner: This one is an old favourite anyway, I'm sure of a lot of people love this conditioner. It smells amazing, does a great job, what more do you need?

2) Clean, Girls by Soap and Glory: I love this. So much. I hadn't intended to pick it up, I'd wanted the Clean On Me, but I'm so glad I made the mistake! This has such a beautiful pink pearlescent colour to it, smells great, and makes my skin feel lovely and smoothy smooth.

3) The three dental products: Mouthwash, toothpaste, toothbrush holder. Bog standard everyday products, do what they say on the tin. Great for travelling, last quite a while. I got especially excited over the toothbrush holder, which could have been made a little sturdier, but for £1.55, I'm not going to complain!

4) Sudocrem: It's sudocrem. In a mini tube. It works just the same as my normal larger pot. Just in a handy dandy small tube size.

The ones I didn't like:

1) The two Charles Worthington Takeaway shampoo and conditioners: Have to say, usually love Charles Worthington, not a big fan of these. I thought I liked the design of the bottle, but the plastic is too stiff to be able to squeeze it and get a decent amount of product out. It also feels like there's not much in there, so I was scared of using too much and running out before the week was up. It did nothing but clean my hair, none of the volume that was promised. Basically just a massive flop.

2) The Umberto Gianni dry shampoo: Again, I had high hopes for this one and maybe that was the problem. Umberto Gianni are a fairly expensive haircare brand, still high street and not high end but I did expect more. I noticed no difference to my hair after using this, and I do like my dry shampoo's to give my hair some volume and texture, which even the £1.50 dry shampoo I picked up from Wilkinsons once did.

3) The Sanctuary cleanser and toner: Not a big fan of these at all. Skincare is so subjective though that someone else might get along really well with them! I just found the cleanser really dried my skin out and made it feel really tight, which never happens with my uber oily skin. The toner just seemed to do nothing. Overall, not worth the money in my opinion.

Have you tried any of these products, travel sized or full sized? What do you think about them?

x

10 comments:

  1. oooh I used to love my aussie conditioner xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanctuary do good body care but not great skincare. Shame you were disappointed .x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do! I shan't be shopping with them again for skincare products :( I definitely expected more from them

      beth x

      Delete
  3. I agree, the Aussie 3 minute miracle reconstructor is amazing! Not only does it make your hair silky soft, but it smells great too! x

    Miss Imogen Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie products are definitely my all time favourites for shampoo and conditioner :)

      beth x

      Delete
  4. No dry shampoos compare to Baltise really!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly doubt any dry shampoos will! I do love my Batiste dry shampoo so much :)

      beth x

      Delete