Wednesday 16 September 2015

Quick and Easy Lunch Date Makeup Look!


Going out for lunch, whether it be with friends or with a partner, is one of my absolutely favourite things to do. It incorporates most of my favourite things: spending time with people you love, eating, having a natter, drinks, and eating. In other words, sheer perfection. And when I go out for lunch I like to look pretty and feel good, but without feeling overdone. I save that for going out for dinner! And so in the spirit of all things lunch date-y, I thought I'd share my favourite makeup look that takes me under ten minutes because, lets face it, being lazy is also one of my favourite things to be. 


Starting with the face (obviously), I like to use three different products that cover blemishes and even out my skin, so that I look more human and less zombie-like. For foundation, my favourite at the moment is the Rimmel London Match Perfection foundation in Light Porcelain, which I just slather over my face with my fingertips until it's blended and my skin looks clear and even. Then I go in with my concealer of the moment, Soap and Glory's Kick Ass concealer. Again I apply with my little fingers, using the pinker brightening colour on my horrendous under eye bags, and then the more yellow concealer on any red bits or spots or blemishes I need to cover. Finally, I dust over (with my fave Real Techniques powder brush) a nice layer of Soap and Glory's Kick Ass powder, to set all the creamy bits and make my skin look less shiny and more glowy. I absolutely adore this powder to pieces, it just brings the whole base together and makes you look flawless without looking like you have a ton of slap on your face.


Then I move onto my cheeks to give my face some definition, as at this point I tend to look washed out and pale. On a day when I don't want to look like I have loads of makeup on, I tend to stick to just blusher and a little highlight to achieve a beautifully natural and glowing complexion. Any blusher or highlighter will do, whatever colour suits your skin tone best. I like to stick to rosy pink shades for this, and used the shade from my Urban Decay On The Run palette, which is such a gorgeous colour, blends really easy, and is just pigmented enough to give you a lovely wash of colour on the cheeks without looking like a clown. The highlighter I always always use is the one in Sleek's Face Contour palette. I have the light one, and I absolutely love this highlighter. It applies easily, and the finely milled shimmer provides such a lovely glow on the tops of your cheeks for an au natural glowing look.


Cheeks and base done, all that's left is eyes (and lips, although sometimes I leave out the lip colour if I'm going for lunch). Because I was going for a fairly understated and easy look, I just used the KIKO stick eyeshadow in golden beige on my eyes. It's definitely a one wash wonder colour, and I smear it all over and blend it out with a fluffy brush, and that's my eyeshadow done! I also used Soap and Glory's Supercat eyeliner pen to draw a thin line at the lash line, no cat eye or anything. I just wanted a little more definition, and this pen is so easy to use. For mascara, because I have such tiny lashes, I tend to use a couple mascara's. At the moment I find myself reaching for the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara, and the Maybelline Big Eye's mascara. Both separate and lengthen and thicken lashes, and give a slight false lash effect and essentially I'm just in love with both of them. The Big Eye's mascara also has a little mascara wand on one end for the lower lashes, which makes lower lash mascara application so much easier.

Finally, to define my eyebrows, I brush through the Maybelline Brow Drama in dark blonde (my eyebrows are already pretty bold, so I don't do much to them), and sometimes add a nude lip colour, or a gloss. Tanya Burr's lipgloss in Chic is absolutely brilliant for this. Then all I do is spray dry shampoo through my hair, brush through, pull on an outfit and I'm good to go!



Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy makeup look! Let me know what you think down in the comments, and have a wonderful Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment