Tuesday 22 September 2015

Five days of Freshers || Five affordable outfit and makeup ideas


 I moved into my uni accommodation on Saturday, and I've spent the past few days settling in, meeting my flatmates, and finding my way around Canterbury. Being the sort of anxious person that I am, one of my main worries has been what I'm going to wear and what sort of makeup I'm going to do! I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but I thought I'd write this little post with a few ideas just in case there's anyone else out there like me! The vast majority of clothes and shoes are from New Look or Primark, making everything affordable, even if you're on a uni budget! Without further ado, on with the looks!

1. 


I actually wore this exact outfit and makeup look to my first induction lecture yesterday! It's very simple and very easy, but looks cute and seasonal. I paired this pretty blue dress with a hummingbird motif with a pair of black boots and my favourite blanket coat, threw on this massive scarf, and added a pair of chunky heeled black ankle boots. For makeup, I did my usual base with Rimmel Match Perfection, Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer and powder, used the blush from my Sleek palette, and a shimmery highlighter from Tesco's. Eyes wise I went for gold, using the lighter colour all over the lid and blended in the darker gold in my crease and the outer corner of my eyelid, and then defined the waterline with a brown eyeliner from KIKO and added the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. Lips were also KIKO, this pretty shimmery pink lipgloss. Super easy, and super pretty, and I thought it was very appropriate for the induction lecture. First impressions and all that!

2. 

This look is probably my favourite actually, and would be perfect if you were going out for dinner or something similar with your new friends/flat mates. All I've done is tucked a white vest into this cute flowered skater skirt, chucked on this beautiful collarless burgundy coat over the top, and paired with these burgundy loafers I picked up from Primark today! Depending on the weather, I'd probably wear this with some black tights. For makeup, I'd go for the same base as before, but swopping the blush for a light pink matte blush from the Makeup Revolution ultra blush palette in hot spice. Then for the eyes, if I'm going out, I like a slightly bolder look, so I would use a light shimmery colour for the inner corner, then this beautiful shimmery reddish colour over the lid, and smoke out with a matte brown, add a cat eye flick with the Soap and Glory Supercat liner, and finish with the Maybelline mascara. Then, as I've gone for a bold eye, I'd pair it with this pretty pinky colour from Sephora in the shade fever.

3.

This look is super easy and chic for everyday, if you're just lounging around or doing some shopping. All it is is this pretty vest with lace back detail tucked into a pair of high waist jeans (both from Primark), an oversized checked shirt thrown over the top, and paired with my burgundy brogues. Then for makeup I'd just go for a simple everyday look, with the same base as before, but using the Sleek face form palette for highlight, contour, and blush. For eyes, I just like to use the KIKO eyeshadow stick in Golden Beige all over my lid, blending it out at the outer corner, adding definition at the waterline with the Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner, and finishing with the Lash Sensational mascara. For lips I love this Barry M lipgloss in this baby pink colour, which looks super natural and is a 'your lips but better' colour.

4.

Living in England, it's unlikely now that the weather will ever be nice again this year, but on the off chance that it is, I thought I'd chuck in this little outfit, which is one of my favourite for nice September days. Using the same high waisted jeans, I've added this cute floaty green top, and paired with these pink/rose gold sandals from Primark. Makeup this time is my favourite look if I'm going for the 'no makeup' look! It's simply the Rimmel foundation, Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer and powder, a light pink blush from my Makeup Revolution palette, a KIKO pigment in shade 10 blended over the eyelid, the Lash Sensational mascara, and then some Maybelline Brow Drama brushed over my eyebrows. Simple and easy!

5. 

Finally, a look that would be good to take from day to night. I've used my favourite blanket coat again, but paired it with this cute shift dress from Primark with the high neck lace detail, and added my Dr Martin heeled brogues (my all time favourite shoe). It's so simple but so cute, and works at practically any time of the day. For makeup, I quite like to go for some colour on the eye as the dress is black, and after doing the usual base (once again using the highlight shimmer powder from Tesco's and blush from Makeup Revolution), I like to use this purple KIKO eyeshadow over my lid, and smoke it out slightly with this lighter shimmery colour, also from KIKO, and define the waterline with my favourite Soap and Glory eyeliner, and add the lash sensational mascara. Once again, as I've gone for colour on the eye, I like to go for a nude lip, this time adding a nude pink colour from Makeup Revolution.


And there you have it, five easy and affordable looks for Fresher's week, or any week really! Let me know what you think, and what you like to wear on a day to day basis!

Bethany

2 comments:

  1. Great outfit pairings. I was never cool enough to pull of the oxford loafer flats but I really like them!!

    Heba xx ││The HebaBloglovinInstagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas! The last outfit is my favourite, so smart and wearable day and night :D love your blog! xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | bloglovin follow for follow

    ReplyDelete